Friday, April 05, 2019

Hooping it up

First of all, let me say that the Women's Final Four games were...well, I like to say that at their best, the women's games are as good as the men's in terms of excitement, but the problem is there aren't as many of them...  but tonight, they were as good as can be.  Mind you, the women's game has been exciting for other reasons...

For one...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/geno-auriemma-rips-into-media-over-approach-to-womens-basketball/ar-BBVCTpk?li=BBnba9I
Funny; the day before, Geno got ripped for saying that players were soft and couldn't take being yelled at.  I don't necessarily think he is wrong, but he also took crap -- fairly, I think -- in that in most cases, people do NOT get screamed at and face loss of scholarships, etc., for petty crap.  Anyways, I think he is exactly right with his comments above...  But it would be funny as hell if someone asked Tom Izzo that question.

Then, there is the scandal at UNC -- which involves a coach almost as famous as those above -- and Vandy hiring Jerry Stackhouse as head coach.  I for one think it is...good?  I mean, why trot out any of a dozen other candidates, when you can get someone who is...fresh?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/04/right-wing-groups-are-training-young-conservatives-to-win-the-next-meme-war/
On the one hand....yes; on the other hand, though, I would think that conservatives, by definition, should win these battles all the time, or at least most of them.  For one thing, it's reactive, which conservatives by definition are...two, we have better senses of humor.  Three, it's easier to play defense and poke holes -- which is what this is -- than to go and create.

 I don't know; some of these may be true in part, but... I am not sure you want Zion shooting threes all the time, as it takes away his dominant presence inside.  Similarly, other guys on the team had talent, too; it's not unfair to ask them to win games as well, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home