Thursday, April 25, 2019

Links

Rough week for former Tribe players... Cody Allen lost his closer's job and Erik Gonzalez... I especially felt for him, given that while he is no Lindor, he was certainly functional out there -- the type of SS who two generations would have had a real career, and now... well, he is certainly a viable starting option for a mid-tier team.  But, getting an opportunity to play, and... ouch.  Also Sterling Marte got hurt, which limits our ability to trade for him.  Alas.

 On the one hand, this is pretty cool; on the other, I have no life, and at no point have I ever thought about a full sabrmetric approach to Jeopardy!.  To be sure, I don't think I am surprised by this, and it is interesting to see how the game has evolved.

I liked this -- interesting and thought provoking!

https://www.vox.com/mischiefs-of-faction/2019/4/24/18513213/trump-evangelicals-gop
 This was also interesting, but... isn't that what people are supposed to do? If you want to get politicans who represent your views in office... well, the best way to do it in a lot of places is to... run the party?  Most political party types, I suspect, would love to have a bunch of new and eager volunteers, and by the time people figure out why they are actually there... well, it beats not winning races, doesn't it?

 Snicker, snicker...

This is...hilarious?  I mean, I think we all realize this is a pile of crap.  On the other hand...  I don't know; I realize the NCAA will pop him for failure to control, but to me... isn't this evidence against this?  It's one thing to say "Do Anything You Can to Get the Guy," but I would argue that this is something different; it certainly implies going around the boss's back.  I guess my main objection -- like a Western of old -- is that of the wrongly convicted criminal complaining about being hanged for the crime he didn't commit instead of the ones he did...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home