Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Mattie Agonistes

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-taxes-us-too-low-20190415-story.html

I always get a kick out of these things, mainly they never suggest who else should pay the taxes... ok, there is always the wealthy and corporations (preferably big ones) but of course you still wouldn't have enough, so that would leave... well, it's like the underwear gnomes, I guess.

Sort of down tonight -- despite a whole seven hours of sleep.  :)  One, a friend of mine discovered their special someone was cheating, and they are now single, and I feel bad for them... two, a person I know, sort of liked...well, they are off the market, not that I cannot hang out with them, of course, but... well, it's not quite the same, you know...  and that made me sad, not for them, but for me, because, well, in the back of your mind... anyways, I think I have resigned myself to my fate -- and it is my own damn fault -- but as with so many other things, we don't have to like it.

This of course is tied to some other things going on, which are... well, much as I like to think otherwise, I suspect it will be another round of false and forlorn hopes.  That doesn't help my mood, either.

On the other...it is Holy Week, so it more than shitbaggy of me to be complaining about anything, given, you know, the reason for Holy Week. I am a shitbag to begin with, so maybe I will learn something week and try to be less of one...though I think we all know how that will turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home