Saturday, January 18, 2020

Movies

So... I have reached the part of the Netflix queue where I am now watching all of the Best Picture winners I never got around to watching before.  So far, I have seen "Cimarron," "Cavalcade," and "Mutiny on the Bounty."  The first two are a little...dated?  I mean, some of the stuff in Cimarron I liked, but the whole stand by your man thing, no matter what he does or where he goes...people actually believed that stuff?  Oi.  "Mutiny," at least, has some star power and an interesting, if familiar, plot. 

One thing I am fascinated about by the baseball scandal is that it seems that the players are appalled by the lack of punishments in the case...I think for one, the idea that Manfred didn;t want to fight with the Union is ridiculous, because that process would actually be a trial, with evidence, exculpatory evidence, etc... two, the idea that players will start meteing out their own judgment is pretty funny... I would also like to note that if it wasn;t for the fact that Barstool is seen as being somewhat toxic... well, the Tio story would be bigger right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home