Tuesday, January 14, 2020

musings

In response to the Twins signing Josh Donaldson, the Tribe is going to offer Clev back to the Angels for three oft-injured yet less expensive pitchers, I am sure.  Ok, I am joking, but... it is an mpressive move for them, provided he remains healthy; I mean, their rotation isn't all that much but if you score enough runs...  One of my coworkers insists we should resign Puig, which does have some appeal, but the power drop in the second half concerns me.

Anyways, Duke lost, but I missed the game because I (like millions of Americans, according to the records), was watching the J! GOAT, and it was...glorious?  I did like the questions being harder, I liked that it didn't interfere with regular J! programming, and it was sort of good to see old friends/competitors again. The extra hour of my life not doing something productive was a hit, but...

I've been reading the Bill James Handbook for 2019, and... well, one thing that has stood out for me is how few pitchers throw 200 innings; I seem to recall it was sort of expected that at least the frontline guys would throw 200.  I think I counted 15 in 2019, which is...low?  I mean, the opener and the idea of three-and-out seems to limit opportunities, but... I realize I am squarely in the "OK Boomer" quadrant here, but....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home