Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Overuse

 This could be me, but I think Francona made an error in sending Bieber out for the 7th yesterday, compounded by his then throwing 120 pitches total.  He...struggled, if you will, all game -- runners on in every inning but the first, lots of hits, etc.  Wasn't like that game against the White Sox where he cruised.  Yes, he had an extra day off, but so did the pen, and in a 3-2 game...well, you were either going to see Karinchak or Wittgren anyways.  I am all for extending guys and am somewhat dismssive of pitch counts (to an extent) but I think six and done was the proper call yesterday.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/10/the-people-who-want-to-keep-masking-its-like-an-invisibility-cloak?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

The Atlantic had a piece about full-time maskers as well...I guess I find it fascinating that both of these sources are to the left...and they are not exactly touting these choices. Interesting...some sign of sanity on their side?  

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-secret-papers-of-lee-atwater-who-invented-the-scurrilous-tactics-that-trump-normalized?mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=tny&utm_social-type=owned&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

This I would like to read!  I always liked the guy -- onw of the first to view this as war, and act accordingly; I've always wondered what would have happened in 1992 if he had lived...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home