Saturday, May 01, 2021

Malingering

 It's May and the furnace is on.  As always, behold the power of global warming...

I crashed hard last night -- I think I nodded off after the Tribe game but this time I woke up on the floor at 12:30 and decided to brush my teeth and sleep in a real bed.  Then, of course, I decided to sleep past the alarm, so instead of waking up at 6:30 and hitting the gym for 8...well, I woke up and 7:15 and here we are.  To be sure, not like I have anywhere to be for a while, and I do need the rest.  Things have been stressful, and in consequence I am spending more time at work, then trying to do the shit I normally do...and that means less sleep. Nor have I began on the woodpile in the basement or the other chores that I should be doing.  Oi.

Notice again the Clase picked up the save...remember at the beginning of the year when they said they would rotate guys???  To be sure, I don't have a problem with this; Karinchak has been most impressive in the 8th, Clase has been fine in the 9th.  Karinchak can recall to mind Mitch Williams at times, not the best trait in a closer, and they might figure Clase can control his pitches better; also, the power sinker can draw more swings and misses when it is not a strike... Another reason...remember when we traded for Justin Masterson and made him a starter?  He was ok at it -- one good year, maybe two -- but his delivery meant that lefties could really tee off on him. I wondered then that the Tribe made him a starter so they could say they weren't fleeced in the deal, and I wonder if the same dynamic is in play here; we traded a starter and got a closer, and while it is not an exact value, if Kluber is....on the downside of his career and we have peak-Clase, well...they are trading geniuses.

Watched the new "Midway" last night, and it was...ok?  I think I preferred the original, which had a bit more story and plot, whereas the new version has all of that nifty special effects.  I think it included WAY too much -- pre-WW2, Pearl Harbor (the original took care of that in a separate movie!), love stories... not that I didn't enjoy it, and I did like some aspects of it (including Japanese war crimes, for instance)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home