Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Changes

 So....a friend of mine is having a colonoscopy tomorrow, and is prepping today...so I asked him to give me updates on how his personal Dunkirk was going.  When he finally looked up the reference (ok, I told him), he was...less than amused. But, now, I have this urge to re-watch "Dunkirk" and "The Darkest Hour" again...quite stirring films, in their own way.

And...well, that Tribe game was embarrassing...at least no one will be talking about Zach Plesac and his (what we hope) bad day at the office...one of my coworkers texted me and asked if I thought this would cause the Tribe to make changes.  I laughed... but more seriously, what changes would you make?  Ok, Bauers get the DFA.  Fine.  Do you call up Bradley?  I would but I also note that most of the projections have him as...well, a bit better than Bauers.  That would be fine, but it's not a huge change (much as we hope otherwise).  Naylor... I don't think he handle the OF (and again, with K rates so high, you can get away with much less out there), but the Tribe seems to want to play him.  He could play 1B...but then who gets the call? I think Daniel Johnson would be fine, but he doesn't have the pop to play in a corner (neither does Naylor, of course)...he could hit, though.  Cutting Gamel would be ok; again, I don't think Rosario to CF is a done deal (so far so good) so having Johnson up wouldsolve that there, in some ways...but Rosario isn't here to sit.  He is going to play, and there is probably some value in Johnson/Mercado/Zimmer getting regular action somewhere.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/the-disintegration-of-the-aclu-james-kirchick

I think this is completely correct, and....sad,  I mean, one never likes them, but I respected them when they were undaunted free speech warriors.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/republicans-unveil-policies-to-match-working-class-party-claim-11618237594?mod=hp_featst_pos4

I mentioned this in my last post, and lo and behold, we deliver!  I don't know if all of these ideas are good, or will stick, but the fact of the matter is that the GOP is changing -- dare I say evolving -- and the party is trying to respond; indeed, one could say  that after 2016 it was the top of the party that was the last to the party.  Like or not, an argument can be made that the votes are there, ready to be picked, and policies like these might just help turn Trump voters into...Republican voters.  To me this is quite an exciting time; these things happen so rarely, and here we are, in the middle of one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home