Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Back Home

 So, I decided to join the family in Michigan for Easter... favorite niece is up there, she wanted us to be all together (especially now), and well, what the hell, why not?  So, after 8:30 Mass -- which was quite full; I took Communion to a record number of people -- I hopped in the car and drove there.  Three hours, mainly highway, but about an hour to Jackson, where she lives, which was more rural... and we hung out, exchanged baskets, ate, and made fun of each other. Also watched the women's championship game, which was...surprisingly competitive?  It is hard to beat a eam three times in a year...  then Monday I woke up and visited the college roomie and his family, including a godson, which was nice... 

Lots of Family Dollars out there, up in rural Michigan. I can see the arguments for how they chase out small businesses and all, but on the other hand, I didn't exactly see any evidence of there being thriving businesses that disappeared... I also stopped at the Country Corral truck stop in Delta, Ohio...one to pull a Woody Hayes and not buy gas in Michigan, and also because they are famed for their chicken fingers.  And they were good...'

I admit I am amused by the prospect of a giant, conservative boycott of...well, anything and everything.  I  for one don;t think it will work, but it would be pretty cool if we were able to pull it off...  for one, we are the party of business, and two, we never have the discipline... of course, they might be serious this time, which would be good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home