Saturday, March 27, 2021

Two Faced

 Meant to post yesterday, crashed, and....well, here we are.  Went to Mary Queen of Peace for the fish fry yesterday.  Never been there, and while it was sort of a hike...it was pretty good; I mean, first time I had decent cabbage and noodles, and the fish was good.  There was a run on baked fish (which I had), which amused me, because as Mom would say, "it's a fish fry" or something like that.  Then, of course, I would remind her, that times they were a changing...

You know, if I was a GOPer, I would be posting those questions to Joe Biden...if the filibuster is Jim Crow, wasn't it also that 40 years ago or so, when he was palling around with all those segregationists in the Senate?  To me, this is a golden opportunity to point out the hypocrisy of the Dems on this, starting at the top.

Speaking of hypocrisy, there is...this:

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2021/03/jake-bauers-gets-his-chance-at-1st-base-for-cleveland-indians-bobby-bradley-kyle-nelson-bradley-zimmer-optioned.html

Let's look at the minor points...one, the pen is set, and while I think we are all concerned about Bryan Shaw, I don't think there are many surprises, and I think they will be fine.  Zimmer's demotion means that CF belongs to Rosario, not that he has shown a demonstrated ability to play the position well... which might be a problem.  Gamel and Luplow could play there in a pinch, but...

The big issue, of course, is that Bauers gets the job at first even though Bradley has clearly outplayed him.  Terry Pluto, I think, nailed it a few days ago when he said that he thought Bauers would be unclaimed...I mean, why have a competition if you've already decided the issue will be settled on something other than playing time?  It sends a poor message to the organization, at the very least...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home