Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Road Tripping

 Took today off from work to do some things... caught up on paperwork, tried to register for the vaccine (I think the disease would be less of a pain in the ass), made some calls for some housework...and, most importantly for me, signed off on a HELOC.  Very mature and adult, thus very depressing.  Still, I had the sump pump installed to handle the water issue (permanently, one hope), and it has to be paid for... honestly, rates are quite low, so it is a good deal (in so far as debt is).  I guess I had wanted to wait until the house is paid for, but that's not happening.  In the meantime I can pay off this one and consider other projects.  OK, I have a bunch...but let's not get carried away.

Anyways, I had to drive to Fairlawn for the signing; I didn't find this a huge deal, and wanted to get out of the house.  I then realized that some of the places on my to-do list were right there by the bank, so... first, I bowled at Riviera Lanes, which I had heard is a cool place.  And it is!  It wasn't very full, but it looked...fun?  I could see a bunch of interesting specials and such.  Then... the bowling.  It has been 20 years since I have bowled, and I was not surprisingly inept; not Wolf Blitzer on Jeopardy! (Celebrity Jeopardy!, mind you), but close.  On the one hand, I shouldn't feel badly about this -- decades, I am no athlete, etc., but... most of the people in my family are good bowlers; my Dad bowled a 300 game; my uncle bowled 16, my cousin has bowled a bunch; I mean, if they had a Cleveland bowling HoF, they would be in it.  And I am just awful.

Then, I had planned on eating at House of Hunan there, but they are takeout only, and I am not quite a fan of dropping $25 for good food in a styrofoam container, so...I instead noted a Skyway Drive-In was there; they are also on the list, so off I went.  I did feel guilty -- it is the place Mom would have loved -- but I ordered.... the special and a shake.  It was good; not quite Swenson's good (they use BBQ in the sauce) but other aspects were good -- it's taller, they use different pickles, and the bun was toasted.  Fries were good, and the shake was...perfectly fine.

CSU is in the Big Dance.  Kudos to them!  The tournament is not quite the same this year; no fans to me, is a turnoff, as they really add to the feel and excitement, especially in the college game where this might be the last game of their careers.  I didn't realize the D-3 schools have no tournament; I was channel surfing on the radio and caught some of the BW games, and you would have thought it was Game Seven of the World Series... only later did I realize it was...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home