Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Catching Up on the Links

 I have been crashing hard the last few nights (and early), both of which have meant no blogging.  Today I had planned on getting up early and doing a gym double, and of course I slept through the alarm and woke up later than I expected.  My blood sugar was also low, so going off and exercising wasn't very feasible, but I was not exactly happy about this.

One thing that has been happy was the resurgence of Duke hoops.  All apologies to Jay Bilas (ha), this has not been that surprising, with addition by subtraction and all.  But, two easy wins, an upset of UVA, and then a smackdown of Syracuse... has basically put them at where the Orange were on the bubble.  To be sure, this is progress, but I really think they have to run the table -- both in the regular season and in the ACC tournament -- to have any shot of making it.  Alas.

https://tomknighton.substack.com/p/teachers-unions-admit-keeping-schools

I guess I see this as more of a political problem than anything... I mean, people need to call them out on this -- behold the science! -- every day, and I think in some cases that is happening, all to the good. The other things that need to happen are 1) People look to alternatives to public schools (which is happening) and 2) People start running for -- and getting elected to -- school boards -- on platforms on getting these people in line.  Good luck!  I mean, it doesn't even happen here in BBH, and we lean....red. 

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2021/02/so-trump-will-easily-win-congressional.html

I don't think for a minute that this will happen --he won't run as a rep, and he doesn't have the sort of skills that would make him speaker (he can be a giant megaphone outside of the House).  But it would be funny as hell, and it would certainly make politics interesting again in 2023, ripping up copies of the SOTU and all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/20/style/vhs-tapes.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Funny; I still own a VCR/DVD combo machine, and I sort of prefer the VCR tapes... I will admit the graphics aren't as good but you have far fewer technical issues with the tapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home