Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Passings

 All sorts of interesting things going on, sort of... first, Seven Roses is closed.  While I was not surprised, I was saddened; I liked the place -- good grub -- and it was a Polish restaurant in the Village.  Of course...it had been a while since I had been there, and, let's face it, people like me are the reasons why restaurants close.  I don't blame her for retiring, but...alas.   In related news, one of my coworkers asked me about the latest homicide in the area... I pointed out it was prolly a business deal gone wrong, and, well, as we all know from watching "The Wire," it is an...occupational hazard.

The libraries are open again.  This is largely good, as I like to go in and check things out personally (in every sense of the phrase), though I am not sure it is safer...well, ok, I mean, it's not, but.. I suspect the risk is prolly as great for the nice people staffing the checkout window as it is for anyone else.  I have some stuff to pickup and return, and should do some more reading... the list isn't getting any shorter.

Fr. Joe -- the last pastor from Sacred Heart -- passed away; I was a little surprised, as he was rather young... I certainly enjoyed the time spent at their fish fries, chatting with friends from our sister parish... alas.  COVID or not, there has been a lot of death around me the past year.  

Despite my efforts, the bookmarks AND the emails to handle keep piling up; it is most unfortunate, as I was sort of ahead on both, but I got a little sleepy, let stuff pile up...and here we are now. Oi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home