Saturday, January 16, 2021

Relief

 Well, that was an unexpected hiatus of blogging... I crashed hard last nite; just laid down and nodded off about 10, and when I woke up -- lights on and all -- it was 3.  Phew.  I do need the rest, I guess, but I had planned on doing more Friday night.

Tuesday I went to Superior Pho, on the outer limits of Chinatown (despite its being a Vietnamese restaurant).  I had to admit; the place looked a bit sketch from the outside, but once you actually enter the building... it was quite nice.  The food was pretty good; the sandwich was just meh, but the Pho itself (it's soup with rice noodles, bamboo shoots, and other goodies) was quite delicious, and the side of chicken cabbage salad I ordered was pretty awesome (and it was almost meal-sized in and of itself).  Definitely would go back!

OC duty today; on the whole it was an average day, but...there were spurts when we had four or five cars there, and then there would be ten minutes where it was nothing but sagebrush. Funny; yesterday I got an email from the operations manager; the Aldi she picks up from gave us a lot of stuff and it was "sort of chaos" in the sorting area.  Well, it was...not quite hot mess territory, but...so our clients got a lot of goodies, which they appreciated, even though (let's face it) the last thing many of them needed was... food.  One of the clients complained...he doesn't live in our zip code, so we couldn't serve him more...but all of the places in his zip code didn't give out as nice stuff as we did.  I told him I really couldn't help that...

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/how-silicon-valley-in-a-show-of-monopolistic

As a free speech advocate, this is 100% correct...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home