Saturday, December 26, 2020

Boxing Day

 I just realized it was almost 7 and should start thinking about dinner... I got a late start today, sleeping in til 8, then some leisurely reading of Internet articles, and then to the gym, where I rode the hell out of the treadmill (on top of leg day).  Then I got home and cleaned -- spraying down every surface, cleaning, scrubbing, and swiffering the steps (I think my Swiffer is going the way of all flesh...sigh).  The house even smells clean, and tomorrow I intend to do some more... I am beginning to think this daily chore or hour of so of activity is good in many ways.

Funny... I noted that today is the Liberty/Coastal Carolina bowl game, which promises to be a good one (especially if the head coach mentions the Christ-centered nature of Liberty).  More seriously...I really haven't watched any bowl games this year; to be sure, there are fewer of them, but the lack of a bowl pool has made me...well, there were always a few I'd have on as backgrounds, sort of like college football in general... but not this year.  It should be a good game; I know they sort of dummied into it, with tie-ins and such, but it would be ideal if bowls could be made to feature two equally competitive (or compelling) teams; I know it will never be a thing, but one can hope...

Almost done with the Wigilia leftovers, so now I can get around to eating the Christmas kielbasa... I don't even want to think about my plans for Downton Abbey-style feasting for Boxing Day.  Ok, I do; in retrospect, I should do more of this, but not all at once...  I find it easier and prolly less stress-inducing to make one item at a time; doing three at once as I did Xmas Eve was a bit much, whereas I feel better taking it slow, God forbid I deviate from a recipe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home