Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all my readers!  It's a good day; after a slow but steady ride to church, I discovered that not only would I be the EM, but also the reader...thankfully, everything was right there on the lecturn, so it wasn't too bad... crowd was a bit more than I expected (roads were ok on the way there at least), and all were nice...I even made some friends, as a couple drove in from Mentor (I was impressed, given the snowpocalypse) and I showed them some of the sights while the sacristan was busy.  Then home to eat, lounge, and sort through some presents (books, cash, needed clothes). Might deep clean the house like I have been supposed to...

Yesterday I decided to make some of the dishes of the dishes of the Wiglia, the 12-course meatless feast of dishes eaten in Poland on Christmas Eve; I bought pierogi and picked herring, and made kutia (honey-soaked cracked wheat, quite good), noodles with poppy seed (it's ok; not a huge poppy seed fan). and a twelve-fruit compote (it had 12, but I think I overdid the brandy, though my fam assured me it was not possible) that came out pretty decent.  It was a lot of work -- about three hours -- but not that complex; just mixing and cutting and watching.  It was sort of fun...then again, we NEVER did this when I was a kid, of course.

I don't have much to do this long weekend -- I am off Monday -- so aside from hitting the gym, napping, and cleaning, one thing I need to do is erase some of the bookmarks I have been saving; the other is to watch some content, such as finishing "Free to Choose" or something I have been saving...it is more than high time that I crossed some of those off my lists...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home