Friday, December 18, 2020

Falling back

 So, my check engine light came on today...this would not be a problem, save for the fact that Wednesday I picked up the car to have a leak fixed....so, $400 later, something is wrong.  Ideally, it is just a misplaced sensor, but...it is an annoyance, and now is not the time for this sort of thing.  Of course, it's not like I have to go anywhere (the gym is optional, and we are allowed to skip Mass, not that I would), and being homebound might force me to go and wrap some presents, but...

I hit the SWAT food truck today -- a SWAT and Surf burger and some broiled brussels sprouts.  It was pretty good -- the portion of sprouts was ginormous -- and the burger (topped with lobster and crab rangoon) was good; it had some heat to it, to put it mildly, and in some ways it was too much (but I did order because it was so much).  It's funny, I have crossed three places off my food list in the last two weeks, which leads me to believe I am putting my Restaurant Lives Matter belief into practice.  My wokefulness knows no bounds.

In other sad news, one of our original founders of the OC passed away this weekend, with a funeral (no wake) this week. He was a nice guy, very practical and nonjudging, and he will be missed.  We are getting into the second generation of helpers for some of our parishes... at my age, I have plenty of time before I retire.  By which I mean "carried out by six at a lovely Mass."  Alas....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home