Saturday, December 12, 2020

Lazy Saturday

 Slept in a bit today -- I have been trying to get 7 hours a night for the past few nights, with middling results, and then hit the gym...funny, I was planning on going to the mall today or tomorrow to do some shopping, but my sister and niece texted me their ideas, so... most of this can be done online, at least the ordering, and all I have to do is pick it up; that, and some gift cards, and we should be good to go...  funny; just gifts for my sister, brother-in-law, and favorite niece... all else are postponed.  I told the family -- my turn to host on dad's side -- that I wanted to do Xmas in June or July, and they were all for it.  I was a bit surprised, but, as my sister noted, a freaking pandemic is going on... anyways, my need to clean the house is lessened.  Rah.  I went through the list I did a couple of weeks ago; half are done, a big half; I can do a couple of little ones, maybe this weekend, but should be good to go...

Went to Blue Monkey Brewery today; it's the new place that opened next to Drug Mart (not the best location, and no food)... I picked up a Peanut Butter porter to go (a bit pricey), but it was...quite good, at least the few ounces I had of it.  I was gifted a to-go container of one of their IPAs, which was also good -- not very hoppy -- and for the few times a year I imbibe, this was it...

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/december-11-2020

Friend of mine sent me this...I love her books, actually; have a couple floating around here, writes about the birth of the GOP.  I think she is largely correct in her assessment; that said, I suspect most of the GOP reps who signed on to this are -- as she astutely noted -- protecting themselves from a primary challenge (which I get; the first duty of a politician is to get re-elected, and not being primaried is in many ways the key part; ask Joe Crowley, for instance).  In other words, I think much of this is posturing and gasconade, and should regarded with as much as the usual pablum.  On the other hand, with the latest allegations against Hunter Biden and Swalwell out there -- safely after the election, of course -- I have no doubt the anger over those allegations is....genuine.  There, I think, is the root of some of the animus, and until there is a reckoning of some sort...this will continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home