Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Lights On

 Well, we certainly have a lot of snow here... I measured 14 inches in my driveway, which I have to shovel, as my plow person has a broken part (which I can understand, if he was carving through 14 inches or more on every driveway)... on the one hand, I am getting older, and need more cardio, and simply can't shovel a foot of snow on a 40' by 12' driveway.  On the other, it's a lot of fucking snow, and at least today I did half of it; it wasn;t that cold or windy, and I just went down the driveway, made a path to the mailbox, and widened it and the apron this evening.  Will try to finish tomorrow; don;t think it will be warm enough to rely on snowmelt...

Tuesday I woke up and the power was out; I figured out because my battery-powered clock did the honors and the light switch didn't work... I texted my boss, read the most important emails, and went back to bed... woke up at 9 and it was...odd. No furnace; had to light the stove burners with a match.  I just settled under a blanker and decided to read as much as I could before it went dark.  But, lo and behold, the power came on about 10:30, and it was a fairly normal, if stuck in the house, day.  I guess the thing that surprised me was how much of my life was governed by electricity; no Internet, no TV weather, even making a cup of coffee was a challenge...

https://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/newsstand/discussion/mlb_non-tender_deadline_tracker_yankees_will_keep_gary_sanchez_white_sox_tw

Every year, when the minor league FA list came out, the boys on my fantasy team and I, we'd always try to craft a team of players that could go .500... not that they ever did, of course, but the idea of taking a team of never-has-beens, never wills, and once-and-future greatness and making something out of it...well, with this list, you can!

https://deadspin.com/sarah-fuller-called-out-vanderbilt-in-a-halftime-speech-1845794743

https://www.outkick.com/vandy-players-considering-opting-out-of-final-game-at-georgia-another-kicker-joining-team/

Interesting...very interesting...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home