Sunday, November 15, 2020

Adulting Across the Board

 So, I made a list today -- the chore list -- and I crossed a few off;  moved a table, checked out the intricacies of turkey cooking, went into the basement and cleaned it up, and changed the light bulbs until I ran out.  This is good!  Some of the big stuff is still on list -- to say nothing of cooking the turkey -- but I felt good about it, at least. Tonight I am definitely going to bed at a proper time and hitting the gym tomorrow for a double...

https://theathletic.com/2194830/2020/11/13/college-basketball-experts-predict-the-most-underrated-coach-in-the-country/

I've said this!  On this blog!  I feel so special...

I wonder if Jim Harbaugh is Dead Man Walking; now, mind you, I don't want that (UM might someone who can beat OSU and many of my friends will be perpetually unhappy), but it doesn't seem like the situation there is getting better, and that would imply change. Of course, in this era of COVID and tight university budgets, I see very few schools going out and paying two guys to coach a team, or worse, one guy not to coach the team.

Amusing thing at Mass today; Fr. Joe had Mass so I had the large, heavy ciborium, and he had the saucer-sized one. After I served the non-walkers, we were doing Communion together, and when he ran out of hosts...he just walked away (he has trouble standing, which is fine, and he has told me we have told to move the Mass along).  Thus, I had to handle both lines, which was fine, but a but jarring.  Mind you, it wasn't intentional, but I felt a little on the firing line for a brief second...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home