Saturday, October 31, 2020

Endurance

Yesterday was a meh day...woke up late (never good sleeping through an alarm) and then had to hustle to prepare for an important call.  Work-wise, Excel kept crashing, so much of my was spent shutting the computer down (at least I got through a couple of magazines) and resetting it, and not doing real work.  Sleeping in meant that my AM workout was gone...  to top it off, Mom finally got moved to a home, whicn was fine, aside from the many issues related to that.  Oi.  I was so busy I skipped my restaurant perambulation and ate in (which was fine).  I watched my Netflix movie - "Stan and Ollie," which looked at the later lives of Laurel and Hardy, after the fame and fortune were largely gone...  Cute and poignant, actually... good way to end the day, sort of.

Today was better, either because of or in spite of me not being home.  OC duty today, and it was quite slow as expected -- the fifth Saturdays always are.  I ended up taking home a bag of produce myself; odd that we should get a ton of it now.  Anyways, then it was off to the hovel -- a nice chat with the sister -- the gym, the library (I now have nine books to plow through, oi), care package to Mom, and home. I stopped for lunch at JB' Grill; a soul food place in the Village that also supports a local literacy program...good not great, I would say, but I got a hearty meal for $14, not too shabby...  

I should go to bed early and take advantage of the extra hour and just sleep, but I think we all know I will piss around some way, somehow...ok, I have many things to read and watch, and was catching up on them now, so not quite piss around...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home