Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Politics

 A day of double posts...very exciting.  :P Well, not really.  Hit the gym hard today; rode the bike a lot, which is good, for many reasons.  I need to start hitting the gym 2X a day for a bunch of reasons, namely:

1) It's good for me; 2) I can do a leg day and then another muscle group at night; 3) If high blood sugar happens in the AM, it's cheaper than insulin; and 4) a double dose of cardio means I can read more, which is good, as the book list is...long.

Of course, I have not been sleeping well, or long, so....but we will try.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2020/10/reading-polls.html

Oh, I don't know; I would like this to be true, but I don't think there are that many "secret" Republicans out there; I mean, driving around Parma, for instance, you just see so many Trump signs and such; maybe they were secret before, but now...if anything, there are prolly more Biden voters out there among GOPers and independents who prefer a candidate with more... or shall I say less, um, presence?

Funny thing is, things seem to be set up for a late run by the President; campaigning like a madman, another debate, the Hunter Biden thing in the air...the man is also short on cash, surprisingly; just like 2016, but I don;t see the late-breakers/independents/undecideds going his way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/20/opinion/polarization-politics-americans.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

I think this is largely true, and as someone who is of the 20%, I find it...interesting?  I don't know; it is important, but I also get the sense that most people see angry people yelling at each other and thus tune it all out. I don;t think this is a good thing, but I also don;t think it is bad; people have limited amounts of time and info to process, and if they drop politics, so be it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home