Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Back in the Saddle

 Finally home and with nothing to do (Ha) so I figured I would blog... Mom is ok?  A bit of confidence and some good therapy work, I think, would be wonders, but I am not sure all of those are in the cards...  Anyways, I have been spending more time there, which is not that bad; Mom needs the help and likes having me around, and as she has no internet, and I don't surf the net that much on the phone, I have been reading more.  This IS good, as the book list lengthens. Finished three off this past week and am into one about the Roman Empire at its peak now... I have always said I should have studied that period more; always fascinated me, for a bunch of reasons.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/education/2020/10/12/ohio-wesleyan-cuts-18-majors-including-journalism-after-review/3635864001/?fbclid=IwAR0Qriq2n8kYNEcePTSxgZtwFHZ7jPbCEPFDjig8TgZKQ3slIprys0JjSPc

No more journalism majors at OWU?  The horror! Ok, not really; I think we all what I think of the Fourth Estate...

I watched "The Last Waltz" a couple of days ago (738); it's a concert film/interview set The Band on their last show.  It was ok.  I would have enjoyed it more if I liked the music of the era or knew more about it/them....on the other hand, I did learn some things and it was an interesting look at the culture of the time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home