Thursday, September 17, 2020

Catching Up...

 I don't think I've been five days without a post in a while... not that it was intentional; between watching the Tribe (which has been exhaustingly fun, if you get my drift), taking a long walk every night, and trying to get to bed before 11... anyways, I will be back trying to blog more regularly. 

First, college football -- at least in the Big Ten is back.  I was surprised by the initial decision not to play, not surprised now that they back in... honestly, if I was involved with the other 3 power conferences, I think they would try to ensure that, say, an 8-0 Big Ten does run the table, it gets shut out of the national championship... because they didn't play 10 games, screwed up the schedules for everyone else, etc... It would be a dick move, but...what do they care?

https://story.californiasunday.com/covid-life-care-center-kirkland-washington

This is...sad.  Maybe because Mom is in one (for now); maybe because I can see myself ending up in one of these places, maybe because... even if these places had done everything right, I can't see a scenario where lots of peopel don't become ill and die.  I mean, while I think POTUS and co deserve some blame for all that has passed, I suspect that -- in the early days -- no one said or did anything that could have prevented mass deaths and illness, for a bunch of reasons.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/11/897692090/how-big-oil-misled-the-public-into-believing-plastic-would-be-recycled

I've said this before, but... I would think Greenpeace/lefty green groups would/could/should, if possible, use all of the cash and resources they are sitting in to figure out how to sustainably recycle plastic... in addition to the environmental benefits, wouldn't there be a social justice issue in bringing jobs and such to, say, communities suffering from environmental injustice?  I would think putting 50 people in a distressed neighborhood to work as much as a win as 100,000 bottles out of a landfill...

https://www.outkick.com/trevor-bauer-challenging-rob-manfred-publicly-shows-how-ugly-a-lockout-could-get/

This is hilarious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home