Saturday, September 12, 2020

Lazy Saturday

 Democrat Saturday, if you will, is going well.. I woke up before 9 (barely), so the sleeping in was nice. I hit the grocery stores and the gym, and after a chat with Mom, I came home, where a lunch of leftover salmon awaited. Rah.  I then decided to see if I could knock off some of the films from the National Film Registry, and with the power of Youtube, I did... "I Am Somebody," a documentary about a strike by nurses' aides in 1970 Charleston, South Carolina. It was...interesting?  I mean, not that I liked it, but it was a good look at a strike, especially of the strikers.  This puts me at 735, and I think most of the slim pickens are gone... alas.

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/09/11/biden-tapper-2008-2012-voters-responded-racist-dogwhistles-2016-something/

If Republicans had any brains (I know, I know), this would be their campaign ad -- especially in WI, PA, MI, and MN -- from now until election day...

The fact that we couldn't even score one run against our division rivals -- with the ace on the hill -- doesn;t exactly bode well for our postseason chances, especially now in this (hopefully temporary era) of participation tropy-style playoff appearances.  I realize making the playoffs is a gain in and of itself, but I can;t help but think that there is something more to be desired...

My change pile is starting to grow;  funny, I put the wrong pants on today and thus had no change when I went shopping, so now I have even more... I guess I will have a nice pile to take to the bank in a few days, doing my part to ameliorate the great change shortage, one way or another...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home