Thursday, September 10, 2020

Swirling

 Well, that was fun...losing three to the Royals, and fairly punchlessly, at that. At least Dr. Plutko did not get rocked; rather, the youngster did... I was a little surprised... this could be me, but given the importance of Ramirez to the team...why are they playing him if hurt?  I guess I would have shut him down for a few days until he is fully healed, and, taking advantage of the demotion of Cimber, to call up Yu Chang and play him there for three days.. I  mean, nothing against Mike Freeman, but there are always Mike Freemans to sign every spring, but we need to find out if Chang can play, and 10 ABs against the Royals are as good a test run as any.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/tyler-o-neil/2020/09/09/has-the-second-american-civil-war-already-started-n880940

Interesting, especially considering how many times I mention the Civil War as an example of political discourse run amok; I never stopped to consider that the violence of the 1850s was the first shots.  It does make sense now, looking at it in a differing light.

I've been watching all of the Holmes that were done with Jeremy Brett... I don;t know; they have to dramatize them, of course, but I think in many cases they are removing what is...canonical, if you will. For instance, their "Sign of Four" (which has Inspector Morse as the villain) neglects the romance between Watson and Mary Morstan, while their "Priory School" adaptation cuts out the ending, which is among the most pithy of Holmes' moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home