Sunday, August 23, 2020

Something Completely Different

 I am beginning to think that Plesac and Clev will be back sooner rather than later... Dr. Plutko seems to have trouble pitching, and Carrasco has not exactly been shining now, either...the three catcher experiment will end soon, so a bat, ideally, could be retrieved from the minor league camp, though I am not sure who it would be; hell, they're not using Yu Chang at all, so I can't imagine running someone else out there.  At least Allen hit a HR, but losing two of three to the Tigers... 

Busy weekend -- attending a wedding, food pantry duty, errands, and a care package to Mom, as well as some cleaning here, and the result is that I am a sleepy boy... I ended up going to Starbucks and buying a large cup of their strongest coffee, which not only worked -- I am awake -- but also caused, shall I say, gastrointestinal issues... anyways, they have removed the service station, so now you have to ask the barista/baristo for everything, which is ok, but I prefer my own tinkering, thank you very mch.

I am on the verge of finishing How to Survive A Plague, a book about the first decade or so of the AIDS crisis; not quite my usual read, but interesting all the same.  One, Dr. Fauci plays quite a role in this one, and not so favorably... two, much like my reading of And The Band Played On, I could not help but think that someone should have seen this coming and acted... more responsibly?  I don't know, engaging in all sorts of risky behavior indiscrimately...trouble was bound to occur...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home