Sunday, August 16, 2020

A Return to Normalcy

 So...interesting thing at Mass today.  I was the EM for our Polish priest; I guess he has trouble with the steps and the tabernacle, so I asked -- and was allowed -- to bring the ciborium to the altar.  Fine...but something new.  Fr. A offered all of us -- the servers and myself -- the chalice with the wine!  I can't recall the last time I took Communion in both kinds -- my father's funeral comes to mind -- but there I was.  Mind you, I find the practice...well, a little unhygienic even in the best of times, and now...  Well, anyways, I figured as the last of four I was probably safe, so there I went. Then I asked if I could take Communion to the non-walkers, and he said I could, so I hurried down there and then rushed back to distribute the hosts at the altar.  It was...almost normal for a change.

The Plutko experiment went off to a rousing start today..ok, more seriously, while I like the guy, I think we all know that stuff-wise, he is less skilled that the other members of the rotation, hence his irregular participation in it.  This would be more amusing had we not banished two members of said rotation. At least the offense seems to be improving, though as we are facing the Tigers, I would think we should.

Last night, I was lying about watching TV, when all of a sudden I got a charley horse not in the usual spot on the lower leg, but the upper obe, right above the knee. It was on my left leg, and as I didn't feel I could stand, I just Tebowed for a bit, massaging and moving it ever so gently until, after about 10 or 15 minutes, when I retreated to a more comfortable position. Even then, it was another 10 or 15 more minutes before I was completely normal. Not sure if it was leg day at the gym, dehydration, lack of sleep, or all of the above, but I couldn't help but feel that maybe, just maybe, I am not a young man anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home