Saturday, August 08, 2020

Catching Up

 So, first UCONN cancels football (which is a if a tree falls in the forest sort of problem), and now the MAC does... to be sure, I wonder if the motive was actually financial (no games with Power 5 conferences will leave a gaping hole in the budgets, rather than that of health?  Not, of course, that the two could not be blended...  In the meantime, in HS football, six games and everyone makes the playoffs... all I can say is, on the one hand I get it, on the other... sigh.  Of course, I also believe that the Indians have sent the hitting coach packing because they were hitting .192 and not because of COVID. Alas.

In the meantime, the President is doing his part to help the economy... I realize the $400 is not enough for those with complete job losses, but it's more fair, I think, for those less affected by the economic shutdown.  Nor do I mind a payroll tax cut, as everyone can use a few dollars more now.   I was vastly amused by the Democrats' complaints about this, given the "I have a pen and I will use it" approach of the predecessor...  Hell, it would have awesome if he had used those very words...

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/08/05/qualified-immunity-makes-a-mockery-of-justice-abolish-it/

I, of course, completely agree.

You know, I sort of miss live baseball... not attending games, seeing them in the flesh.  I am glad it is there, despite the ridiculous rule changes and such, but there is something to be said for being there live... just a thrill in my bones, I guess.

My brother-in-law made a point, though, which is quite relevant... given all these guys making their major league debuts, couldn't something have been done to get their parents/spoues to the game?  I mean, no one is expecting an entourage, but as we have largely empty stadia now, could not arrangement have been made to put 10 extra people in them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home