Thursday, July 30, 2020

Bemusement

Well, that was a fun Brad Hand implosion last night... I dunno, this could be me, but... not so long ago, 8IP (and effortless ones), 98 pitches...you'd send the guy back out for the 9th.  Now, of course, you need a Papal Bull to do it, at the very least.  I guess I am not surprised by this anymore, but.. I have always felt that pitch counts are important, but a lot of times as well, it is the effort in the pitches. There are days when it is just the starter and the umpire, and I don't necessarily think that, say, 120 pitches, are that awful. Certainly, a guy wouldn't feel tired in such a situation...

Hahahaha...

Two things about the world of politics that have amused me... one, of course, was the AOC/Ted Yoho war.  My question...if he had simply called her a "fucking liar" and then gone and said he never saw anyone, say, stealing bread in the NYC riots...would she have responded as she did?  Or, more fairly, would she have been out of line if she had read him the riot act from the House floor?  I guess it would have been far better for him had he done so...  The other is the brouhaha about POTUS not attending John Lewis' funeral...  given the level of animus, would it do anyone any good for him to go and utter pedantic and not-believed pleasantries?  I really don't think anyone is stupid enough to buy that...  I guess it is better for him to show some... dare I say intellectual honesty (no) and simply stay home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home