Sunday, July 19, 2020

Annus Horriblis

A long hiatus... not going back to the old ways, but... Wednesday was the worst day in a while.  Tuesday night, late, a friend of mine was having relationship issues, so off I went to talk to him... then I got home, had a few hours sleep, and awoke to two simultaneous calls.  One, someone broke into the food pantry and stole the AC units; two, Mom needs a G/I consult, can you set that up.  I couldn't do either, at least not right away, because I was off to the dentist for a toothache, and I need a root canal.  Sigh. Then, that night, another friend called... his soon to be ex-wife died, and while he certainly had some conflicted feelings about that..  let's just say it was not a good day. But I survived....

The rest of the week was somewhat better -- work was fine, caught up on some podcasts, attended two drive-by graduations, and even took a couple of naps...I am abotu halfway through a library book (the role of intellectual capital in the economic gains of Reformation Europe) which is a bit dense but certainly not uninteresting...  I think I may order some more books, just because I can...

With all else going on in the world, it is good to remember there is baseball, though it is in the back of my mind; no thrill of spring training or opening day, intrasquad training, only 60 games.  But the fact that we are talking about stuff like this, this is good. As for whether Yu Chang is any good... hard to say; honestly, given the infield (as noted in the article), the last thing this team needs is a SS or 3B (this year).  But he should be given a chance to see what he can do now for later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home