Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Musings

Tommy Tuberville beating Jeff Sessions in a GOP primary?  I mean, I think we all expected this now, but, say, two years, if you had told me that this was even the remotest of possibilities... well, not that I am a betting man, of course...but there is no way I would have laid money on that one.  Funny thing is... it probably helps the GOP to have Tuberville, not that Jones was not dead man walking...

So, not that I have anything else to do, but I have been trying to watch all of the Jeremy Brett Holmes... anyways, while mucking around on the Internet, I found this:


And you know... there are certainly some good stories to adapt there!  "Scarlet," of course, was the one that started it.  "Pips" is a little anticlimatic, but topical now; ditto for "Yellow Face."  "Reigate Squires" would be ideal to play up the idea of the bumbling Watson; "Black Peter" and "Beryl Coronet" certainly have the potential for drama.  "Retired Colourman" is actually a good one, for the late stories -- the ending is dramatic and the idea of sending the culprit and Watson far away for a night... of course, "Last Bow" certainly has its charms.  I wonder why they haven't tried to cast and do the remainder... might well nigh be impossible, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home