Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Being Woke

So, it's 1 AM and I cannot sleep; ok, I could.. I think I nodded off at 8:30 and popped up at 11:30, and now the biorhythm is off.  Oi.

First, thanx to all my readers -- more than I know -- who asked about Mom.  She is...ok?  Released from hospital to rehab today.  We will see how this goes...  the big now for me is that... we can't see her; it's been a few weeks now, and with all the COVID-related quarantines... that's just tough.  Understandable, but tough.

Yesterday I was going to post when a friend called... he was bking to and from work (in Brecksville) but got lost and needed a ride home (to Ohio City).  This was fine, but he was in the CVNP and had no idea where he was.  Hell, neither did I, but finally he sent me an intersection, I told him to wait THERE, and off I went to God's green acre to get him and take him back.  Oi.  It was funny in its own way, as he was concerned about getting eaten by bears (means something different in his neck of the woods) and alligators, which made me laugh, as I am always concerned about those critters around here.  The bear thing came up so many times that I am now calling him the Revenant.  I guess I was glad to help him (and I really think I am the only person who cares enough to get him) but on the other hand... I guess this is one time in my life I was needed less. This does sound a bit selfish, but I am a Republican, so...

Since I am a Republican...this is pretty funny...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home