Friday, June 05, 2020

Links of Amusement

Here it is, midnight, and a guy who complains about not being able to get enough sleep...is up and blogging away.  Funny... it was just a long day for me -- work, chores, friend issues -- so while I am tired, I am still wakeful.  I do not have OC duty tomorrow, nor do I have anywhere I really have to be tomorrow morning, so I guess I can not set the clock and in theory get some rest, though I think we all know what will happen?

I think this is interesting...genuinely so.  On the one hand, I think the one comment is correct -- she wants them to do it so people can say "Gee, we need them back." I mean,I would love nothing more than the Old West spirit to creep up and people starting to string up their neighbors -- especially in all these Democrat-led, woke cities....More seriously, though, I do find it interesting that people are trying to figure how you replace the police... some of this might work in part.  More funding for mental health issues is good, but you also have house these people, and most cities have been poor at putting up the needed housing.  Do you really want nurses and such going into crack houses?  

Umm....yeah.  Let's just say that if this is now ok, don't expect to start wearing one the next time I head to the grocery store.

I get a kick out of these articles, because 1)Most police unions have traditionally supported Democrats, like every other union, and 2) I would think this is true with every union, no matter the role... if someone said "Gee, I wonder if this works for AFSCME as well" I don't think Joe Biden or anyone will cheer them on...

Funny; the day before this posted, I had joked with some friends that Episcopalians complaining about the Bible is like me complaining about someone else's messy handwriting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home