Friday, May 15, 2020

Friday thoughts

So...the state is re-opening!  I dropped off my watch for a new battery, yay!  We can go get our haircuts (I will use this opportunity to again suggest a manbun to my stylist, which I will suspect will go unheeded, as always) and hit the gym, the prospect of which I find to be...enervating, to put it mildly.  I still think most restaurants will not be open, given the difficulties of this...but I could be wrong.  People want to get out and eat.  I did note that one of my friends -- an RN -- is opposed to all of this, fearful of it restarting again.  I tend to agree with him, but the economic damage is such that we can't do it much longer.

In other news, I watched "Terms of Endearment" today.  I thought it was...ok?  I can't see how it was Best Picture.  Ok, it was tender and maudlin and a good story, but... I saw Larry McMurtry's name flash by, and I was like...didn't he write "Lonesome Dove?"  And he wrote this... and he did.  I guess it is a Texas story, in part, and he wrote other TX stories ("The Last Picture Show," the short story that became "Hud") but it was still something...

Some friends of mine were discussing the uneven nature of the supply chain -- knowing people who work in restaurants and all -- and how they were having food shortages; some of it due to farmers not getting the crops out, and some due to the trucking shortage -- a lot of the short-haul guys are now out of work and they're not carrying the food needed.  Today, I heard that we might be getting a supply of milk at the pantry...maybe regularly.  This is good -- free is free -- and as I pointed out.. well, cows have to be milked, whether or not you can sell it, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home