Saturday, May 09, 2020

Catching up

OC duty today.... it wasn't very busy but it was steady; I think the cold weather -- behold the power of global warming, let me tell you -- scared some people away; we had a late rush.  Today we had...oddities; lots of people -- including those who know the new drill -- getting out the car, trying to get inside, asking about the clothing room, that sort of thing.  Oi.  On the volunteer side, we had plenty -- it seems everyone wants to get out of the house and get some activity -- and we were discussing the eminent return of Mass.  Namely, how are they going to distribute Communion?  Putting my Eucharistic Minister training to use, I pointed out you can;t use plastic cups or anything like that.  No one seemed to think that wine will be available anytime soon...

Keeping up NFR momentum, I watched "The Daughter of Dawn," (726) which was not exactly a thriller, but the subject -- a film with an entirely Native American plot and cast, recently discovered after being lost -- was pretty cool.  I wonder how much of the film was actual stuff and how much was for the (white) audience, but I assume some of it was traditional...

Nice, actually... did some reading and chilled.  Slept in a bit -- went to bed early-- and caught up on some stuff... one nice part about all of this, I guess, is that there is more time for that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home