Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Linx

So, I was looking at my film list for the National Film Registry; I think I found a couple more on youtube to watch.  Anyways, I was going through the list, and at first I was like "Jesus, you can't find these 50 films, you are quite the slacker!"  This morning (in the shower, a literal fount of inspiration in this case) I decided that no, this is actually quite the achievement. Indeed, I have seven pages of films (double columns), and on some pages, there are only a couple.  Hell, once I go through and watch all the readily available recent additions, we should be down another 15 or so.  I will admit getting the last ones off the list will be a slog, but...

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/5-reasons-pundits-will-overestimate-trumps-odds-of-winning.html
I think this is largely correct, and another reason, of course, is that in 2016, Donald Trump was something completely different, whereas, the (shit)show is something we have seen before. To be sure, Joe Biden is Joe Biden, and I do believe it is correct that Trump can lay some on him -- Sleepy Joe is good, for one, though a rapist might be a bit much... but I think he has an uphill climb.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/04/joe-biden-sexual-assault-unnecessary-witnesses.html
I thought this was interesting -- hadn't thought about it before -- but of course the main issue here is that for all of the screeching and pink hatting about Kavanaugh... well, where is it against Biden?  This could be me, but for all the creepy photos out there... it's not quite evidence to be sure, but it is something.  You'd think some GOP operative would put together these things in a 30-second ad and run them. Or, you could run "Women of the Senate on Kavanaugh" and then silence when it came to the Biden accusation.

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-trade-blows-in-a-debate-over-whether-ancient-bronze-swords-were-just-for-show
Well, that's pretty neat.

In the meantime... looks like all of the lectors, EMs, and other Catholics will have plenty of time to fall further out of practice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home