Thursday, April 16, 2020

Streaks

So, I broke my streak of daily posts, but as the overall blog volume has been up, I am not sure you can complain.  Or, you can complain, and... well, complain away.  :)

On the one hand, I really think all of this talk of re-starting the economy is good; on the other hand, though, I really don't see it as being practical, as like it or not, I don't think the virus has flatlined yet; there are still too many nexuses (nexi?) of contagion out there. The issue isn't that so much as once you let people back out... well, they are going to NOT want to be confined to quarters again.  Mind you, I speak as one who is in total sympathy with the people protesting about these stay-in-place orders (I thought "Whitler" was pretty good, actually).

Speaking of streaks, I am up to 720 on the National Film Registry, as last night I watched "Coal Miner's Daughter," the Loretta Lynn biopic... and you know what?  I liked it!  Interesting; I've approached country as an interested outsider (come to think of it, I look at a lot of things that way, for better or worse), so while I was aware of her, I wasn't familiar. But now, after watching the movie and poking around online, I want to listen to more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home