Monday, April 13, 2020

Culinary adventures

In addition to all this daily blogging, I've also decided -- why not -- to start cooking stuff. Every year I cut up the Easter ham and say "Gee, I should make pea soup with this" and so this year... I kept the bone and am now letting soup stock simmer (I hope) on the stove.  I couldn't find dried peas anywhere, so I adjusted on the fly and selected a recipe with frozen peas. I didn't have enough chicken stock on hand but other than that... we should be good to go?  I hope... it's funny; no one in mu family really likes it; my Aunt Pearl used to make some every year but that was it, so I am on my own here.  But that's fine, I guess...

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/04/12/chabot-sexual-assault-allegation-against-biden-splits-democrats/
I don't know...did anyone really doubt that the media would bury this?  I certainly didn't, and aside from the Milano hypocrisy (again, who didn't see that coming), the question that no one is asking -- and should -- is that given Joe's history of being gropey...is this that much of a leap?  I don;t think so, and I cannot wait for Doonesbury to start using a giant hand for Joe like they did for Ahnold back in the day...

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-seven-deadly-sins-of-the-coronavirus/
I think this is...largely true? I think we can quibble about the details, if you will, but to call to mind one of my favorite old-time jokes, we've already established what you are, now we're just settling on the price...

So, today is/was Dyngus Day; I had taken the day off to join in my Polish holiday that I celebrate aside from the drinking and the polka... but alas it was not to be, so I spent the day running errands and doing stuff, to be followed by going "back" to work tomorrow and following up on all the stuff I did today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home