Friday, April 10, 2020

Good Friday Musings

I guess one joy, if you will, of the current situation is that as I was working from home, I was able to spend part of Good Friday -- like every practicing Catholic should do --not only at church, but at my own parish.  And you what?  It was pretty aweseome.  I mean, the last few years I went to the parish near my work, and it was social hour -- ahem -- but at the Shrine, it was... silent.  And people-filled; lots of the Polish community were there, saying Stations, praying the rosary, doing all the things you should do.

The other funny thing is/was that while normally I have the munchies all day, today... it was about 4 PM when I realized I hadn't had them.  I was fascinated by this; I mean, for all of my complaining that it hardly feels like Lent or Easter, this was indeed the case in this particular instant.

It was surprising cold this morning and the rest of the day... the sun is out now, and it seems a little nicer, but today I woke up and was convinced it was March 10, not April.  Spring, much less summer, seems so very far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home