Saturday, April 04, 2020

To reflect

So, I took over running the food pantry today, and we were... screaming death busy, as I like to say -- 168 clients. We have a new system -- clients don;t come in, rather we provide curbside service (some walk up so we deal with them more directly) to preserve social distancing. Everyone gets more food (two bags of canned goods instead of one) and a bag of produce -- we don't let them pick, volunteers just go up and down the line.  The registration is done on the one computer with one or two at it... and those of us who are the food runners really move... actually, everyone did.  Mind you, we opened an hour early... and served the last client literally at noon.  I really believe there is a better chance of getting cancer from all these people and their cars (my faves were those who smoked, put on mask, and smoked again), but... well, I guess we did some good, but I was a little tired today....

Funny... after the food pantry and such I really didn't have anything else to do... haven't had anything like that in a while, and it was sort of nice... caught up on some emails I needed to send, listened to a podcast, web-surfed, read stuff I have been putting off... I was like, whoa... it was almost 8 when I was done with everything but I had cleaned a lot of stuff off the plate... I have this palpable sense of achievement, even if it is not all that much, it was to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home