Monday, February 24, 2020

Excitement!

So, here I am, trying to blog, or at least not fall behind; it's interesting, because I had a busy weekend (of sorts) and also caught up on some stuff...which lasted until other stuff came in... it;s more amusing than anything else, I guess.  Anyways, at least the house is as clean as it has ever been, which is good.

Lent is coming up; I mean, wow.  I will as usual do my usual devotion, but it just seems to me that the year is already flying by!  Also, March Madness is a few weeks away, and for all my love of baseball, there is something about this time of year -- 50 teams fighting for 10 spots in the tourney, if you will -- that makes it compelling.  We all know, of course, that the committee will screw over mid-majors so 10 Big Ten teams can make the tournament, but if just one Cinderella makes it... (By the way, I would have only 7 teams from the Big Ten, just because I think, at the end of the day, it's a bunch of good-not-great teams beating each other up. Of course, that whole process is designed to provide 10 seeds.)

https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-democrat-for-20-years-here-s-what-i-experienced-at-trump-s-rally-in-new-hampshire-c69ddaaf6d07
Hmmm...yes/no/maybe?  I suspect the reverse would have been true of a Mitt-type at an Obama rally, but maybe not; let's face it, people are happier when their President is around.  On the other hand, I think the Donald does benefit from the economy, at least in that those who are doing well/doing better are a useful constituency that complements the social warriors/Evangelicals who are the base. Of course, if the economy goes south, Trump has farther to fall, Bernie or not...

https://medium.com/new-york-magazine/the-gay-church-f0a637e498ae
Um....yes.

This could be me, but isn't Madison Baumgartner violating his contract?  You'd think someone would put a clause in it keeping his tush at home...or at least off the horse (or ATV).

https://www.mischiefsoffaction.com/post/dems-disarray
Interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home