Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Tribe notes

I figured I should, you know, blog...it's funny, because while I was off Saturday (in that the schedule was clear) and Monday... I ended up having lots to do!  I did finish off a book about the role of the CA gold rush in the Civil War, got an oil change, temporarily cleaned out the email box, did some cleaning...it was good.

Sunday I went to my friend's Daytona 500 party, which was... well, let's just say that while we loved the President and his little act, it was, to me...a bit much?  For one thing, it certainly added to the time it took to start, and it was a big old preach to the base thing, but the man is good at it. This is an election year, FL is a battleground state, but...

Tribe rotation took a hit, of sorts... as I told the boys at work, it's not his arm, and I project Clevinger to be starting on May 1...so, what, six starts?  I pointed out that we also didn't have the pitching equivalent of Eric Stamets out there as his replacement.   But it was sort of funny...I completely forgot about Zach Plesac when discussing the candidates.  Now, I will admit, I expect a regression -- his K/BB rates aren't good, and stuff wise, he's more of a throwback. but...right now I can't see him not getting a job.  I do wonder what he did in the offseason, though...

I also have to admit; not having seen Greg Lusinski play, I am looking forward to seeing Domingo Santana as the modern-day equivalent, in that train wreck/curious way....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home