Monday, January 27, 2020

Catching up

Good to see that my usual plan of intermittent blogging has returned, ha!  Actually, I took time to watch "The Great Ziegfeld" (all 3 hours), which was the Best Picture of 1936.  It was a roaring musical time, so I think you can imagine what I thought of that.

I was amused, if you will, by the blowback about the WaPo reporter who included a discussion of Kobe's rape accusation in a tweet... not that I want to defend a WaPo reporter, of course, but she was...right?  (I realize they are claiming some other reason for this, but...cut the crap.) I guess -- and I have expressed this before -- people like him and Big Ben really lucked out that they were just before the MeToo era, as they were able to avoid the presumption of guilt (without innocence at any step); I am not saying this is right, or that he was innocent, but that times have....changed.

The Castellanos deal and the Marte trade means, to me, that all of the good, or least decent, OFs are off the market, save for Puig... and we all know what I think about signing him. I can't imagine the Tribe making a move now; hell, an Ozuna signing would have been...awesome?  At least it would have quieted the cheap seats, as I think -- $18 million or no -- he can play and would be an asset in every facet of the game.  Now...  yikes.

What???  I've heard of them; hell, I've been three of their concerts and own a bunch of CDs.  Come on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home