Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Progress

So....first things first, I watched "Becky Sharp" over the weekend -- 716 of the 775 on the National Film Registry.  It's brief retelling of Vanity Fair and it stars a young Joan Crawford; it's moderately funny (I have not read the original) and it seems to....straddle the Hayes Code, if you will.  Yes, I need to start going back and seeing the new additions, to say nothing of finding some of the extant ones...

While it was not quite the UNC game, the Duke/FSU game was... impressive?  I mean, I think Duke -- as always -- plays to its level of competition, which is a problem... I would have expected disaster, but they played well against a good opponent. 

Is it me, or should Bernie have won by more in NH?  I wonder if part of it is the moderates really do hold sway, and part of it is that no one wants to be Corbyned in the election, and -- protest vote or not -- I think Bernie would make Trump look sane by comparison.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/trevor-bauer-cincinnati-reds-sign-stealing
One of my friends sent me this with a header of "Trump voter, Duke fan provides moral guidance," which,let's face it, is funny as hell.  But I think Trevor is completely correct here (as in politics and fandom, of course).

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/1619-project-new-york-times-wilentz/605152/
Snicker, snicker, snicker.  Ok, this is pretty good, and, I think, a useful corrective to the narrative...

https://babylonbee.com/news/researchers-discover-cure-man-bun
Always wanted one of these things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home