Sunday, March 01, 2020

The Weekend Update

It's time for the now (sigh) weekly blog post... anyways, I watched "Before Stonewall," a look at LGBT life pre-1969, which takes me to 717 on the National Film Registry.... it was...ok?  Interesting, in some ways, of course, in how the public perceived gay life and how it was lived back then...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/can-cleveland-afford-francisco-lindor/
I think this is largely correct, but no one in their right mind would ever think the Tribe would do it...

Interesting; I actually had to look up the "Murder in Mississippi" picture, as I had never heard of it... Of course, Vox also had to have an article explaining to people the concept of fasting, so....

In the meantime, another Duke loss... to be sure, losing at the buzzer to UVA on the road is hardly a fatal thing, but it does bode poorly, and I can't see them any higher than a 3-line, barring an impressive run through the ACC Tourney...which I also do not see.

So, sleepy Joe woke up and won a primary... I am not sure it changes the trajectory of the race, per se -- winning what you are supposed to isn't exxactly a miracle -- but it did give him some delegates and some mo for Tuesday.  I, of course, want this to go on as long as possible...as for a brokered convention, I am not sure... I mean, in this day and age the smoke-filled room is a thing of the past, so the drama would be intense, but I also suspect that at the end of the day they would pick a better alternative to Bernie, and that would it harder for Trump to win...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home