Saturday, March 28, 2020

The OC

First Jimmy Wynn dies, and then Tom Coburn... very sad all around, and I cannot imagine who will be the next to go...

So, food pantry duty today... I was not in charge but am next month so I figured I should go and check it out... it was very busy -- an above-average crowd -- and there were some changes... basically, we are now a drive-through (and walk-up) food pantry.  We do all the produce bagging and such; the client comes to the tent, we register them on the laptop, and them we put all the food in their cars.  I didn't do all that many; rather, I moved all over, filling in where needed and such -- packing food bags, filling produce, carrying stuff, whatever... we were joking how in some ways this is easier, but we also had to walk more.  I had to admit I enjoyed sitting down to a leisurely lunch after all was said and done...

I think part of it was just getting out of the house, being active, and talking to people... that was actually nice, and in some ways I do miss it...though it would have been nice if the Nationall Guard had shown up...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home