Thursday, March 19, 2020

Week-long Update

Well, this past week has been...exciting?  Ridiculous? I mean, I understand caution, but we are driving ourselves into a recession here, with people getting thrown out of work and on the dole... I guess my feelings are -- and I have sensed a libertarian wing that agrees with  me -- 1) People can decide for themselves what the risks are and if they are appropriate; 2) Our medical systems are far better evolved than the last pandemic; and 3) The cure being worse than the disease puts in a worse state than we were previously, and how does that help anyone...

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2020/03/26/what-do-the-hohenzollerns-deserve/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Interesting...

On the bright side -- even if there is a shortened season --the starting rotation should be healthy; I fully expect Carrasco and Clevinger to be in form, which should help.  Claess will heal, partially, which should help the bullpen, to say nothing of mitigate the burn of the Kluber trade. 

I went shopping today -- 7 AM -- and not only was there a line, but I was the youngest one, too... which seemed odd, as I am not quite so young anymore.  I was surprised about the lack of bread and paper products, but it did seem that they had enough of everything else, which was not the worst thing in the world.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/09/trump-team-policy-border-china-tax-124166
I flagges this because, well, I don't exactly see the WH as doing anything to achieve short term goals, but, if you think about this, this is the sort of stuff that could be done and if you are, now is the time.  I don't necessarily object to these things, but again, destroying the market now isn't the best approach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home