Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Night Blogs

So...it's been a long and interesting week -- mainly lots of work -- and my plans to blog during the week went by the wayside, alas. Now it is a big Friday night home, albeit just like everyone else...

So, I was warching some of the "classic" Tribe games on STO during the week, just when taking breaks from work or while the coffee water was heating... I noticed during Len Barker's perfect game that Herb Score mentioned that the Tribe -- while John Mayberry was batting -- put three infielders on the left side... this was in 1981 (one of my coworkers asked me if he was related to John Mayberry Jr., which made me laugh).  They didn't really show the positioning, but it looked more like Kuiper was at normal 2B and the SS was at the bag, not like now where the 2B is in LF.  But, it was a shift.

I also noted how little information was given in the 1990 games... I mean, no Statcast or Pitch FX; barely a radar gun, and just batting average, HR, and RBI.. such dark ages!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/24/exclusive-hhs-secretary-alex-azar-lays-out-how-trump-will-defeat-coronavirus-invisible-enemy-reopen-america/
Interesting, but....maybe? I don't know, what I read and what I hear... well, that is the problem, albeit a minor one, if you get my drift...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home