Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Morning update

Lots of interesting stuff on politico today; check it out...

Working from home continues to be...ok?  I mean, I and everyone else is busy, and while the flurry of messages probably isn't that different than what it would be in the office... I get the sense that the order of prioritizing isn't there?  You can just ping away and then of course it becomes someone else's issue to handle it...  Maybe it is just me, and that this too shall pass...

So, I see that my parish is offering drive-by Easter basket blessings on Holy Saturday, allowing a fine tradition to continue...not having Easter Mass was a source of grumbling for me and the fellow Mass Nazis who were out Sunday.  To be sure, it is prolly the smart move, but as with so many other things, it offends my sense of normalcy, and that is frustrating...

In other news, Favorite Niece has to find a new job, as her college is closing... personal sadness aside... I guess to me there is a sense of sadness about everything else... all the memories, traditions... what do you do with all of the buildings and the related facilities?  The library (I think we all know how I feel about books)?  Where do all the people who work there go -- not just the faculty, but the cleaning and cafeteria staff? Maybe it is the conservative in me, and yes, that which is not sustainable cannot be sustained, but I cannot imagine the sadness that everyone is trying to process, especially now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home